We’re heading into peak cold-and-flu season. And a new survey found the average American gets sick about four times a year.
So what would you be willing to give up if it meant you’d NEVER get another cold for the rest of your life? About 2,000 people took a poll. Here’s what they said . . .
1. Would you give up social media? 29% said yes.
2. Would you give up caffeine? Again, 29% said yes.
3. Would you give up sex? 21% of us would.
4. Would you give up TV and movies? Only 18% said yes.
5. Would you give up all of your vacation time going forward? 17% said yes.
The top ways we make ourselves more comfortable when we’re sick are by taking more naps . . . wearing comfier clothes, or pajamas . . . using extra blankets . . . watching more TV . . . and eating whatever we want, even if it’s junk food.
The top things we do to avoid getting sick are wash our hands more often . . . take vitamins or supplements . . . and get more sleep.
And finally, 45% of people say they get pretty “needy” when they’re sick. And a third of us admit to exaggerating our symptoms just to get more sympathy.