A new survey found 30% of people who cook HATE their own cooking and feel embarrassed by it. And the person who’s most likely to openly criticize your cooking is . . . your MOM. Followed by your friends, and your significant other.
64% of people in the survey said they’ve had a cooking “disaster” before. And here are the ten most common mistakes we make . . .
1. Burning food. 67% have burnt something to a crisp.
2. Burning a pan, 54%.
3. Letting a pot boil over, 52%.
4. Setting off a smoke detector, 48%.
5. Using too much salt, 44%.
6. Leaving the oven on, or a burner on, 40%.
7. Forgetting a crucial ingredient, 38%.
8. Forgetting something in the oven, 35%.
9. Making things way too spicy, 34%.
10. Leaving food out where a pet can get to it, 23%. The survey also found the hardest thing about cooking a meal is getting all the dishes ready at the same time.