Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity . . .
1. A rapper called “Nuke Bizzle” in California who bragged in two songs about defrauding the unemployment assistance benefits in the CARES Act by using stolen identities was arrested because he actually wasn’t lying about doing that.
He stole more than $1.2 million in benefits by using fake names and identities and he’s facing up to 22 years in prison.
2. Pinball machines have had a big jump in popularity during the pandemic as lots of people are building home arcades. One company in Chicago says its sales are up 500% this year.
3. A gym in Poland declared itself a church to get around coronavirus restrictions.
4. There’s a town in Italy that only has two people living there . . . but they both insist on wearing masks whenever they get near each other.
5. New York shut down a wedding that was supposed to have 10,000 GUESTS in Brooklyn this weekend.
6. 55% of Americans say they’ll be traveling for the first time since the pandemic started when they go somewhere for the holidays in November or December.
7. A study found EMPATHY stops coronavirus from spreading. Basically, the more people care about others, the more likely they are to do things like wearing a mask and social distancing.
8. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED coronavirus cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 44,941, with 449 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 8.3 million, with more than 224,000 deaths . . . and more than 5.4 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 40.2 million . . . with more than 1.1 million deaths . . . and more than 30.1 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.