Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity . . .
1. A bank in Wisconsin was running so low on change, they offered to buy it from people at a premium. They’re restocked now, but for every $100 in change you turned in, you could get $105 in cash. And a Chick-fil-A in Alabama is doing the same thing. If you trade in $10 in rolled change, you get a free sandwich.
2. Will Black Friday even happen this year? Walmart just announced its stores won’t be open on Thanksgiving for the first time in decades.
3. Will the coronavirus kill off free refills? Someone posted a list of 23 ways fast food might change forever.
4. There’s a photo going viral of two people on an airplane who appear to be making out with their masks still on.
5. A woman on Etsy is making bank selling masks with anti-mask messaging on them. They say things like, “This mask is useless” and “My governor is an idiot.”
6. The president of the Philippines told people it’s safe to disinfect their masks with gasoline. It’s not.
7. Armed robbers in South Africa reportedly hijacked a truck that turned out to be hauling highly infectious COVID-19 samples.
8. People are now using their loved ones’ obituaries to call out governors for not doing enough to protect people . . . and to invite them to the funeral.
9. And on the medical front: A doctor in Israel might have the virus again, three months after he first tested positive. And the newest thing to look out for is tiny red dots in your mouth.
10. The U.S. now has over four million confirmed cases of the virus. Here are the updated stats as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 64,031, with 1,070 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 4,028,569, with just under 145,000 deaths . . . and almost 1.9 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: Now over 15 million . . . with more than 619,500 total deaths . . . and 9.1 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.