Here’s a fresh round-up of Covid insanity . . .
1. A restaurant in Denton, Texas is adding a $50 charge to people’s bills if, quote, “I have to explain why masks are mandatory.” And it’s $75, quote, “If I have to hear why you disagree.” So far, they haven’t had to hit anyone with the fine.
(For what it’s worth, masks are NOT mandatory in Texas anymore)
2. Beale’s Brewery in Bedford, Virginia has created a new beer based on something a guy yelled when they were kicking him out for not wearing a mask.
The name of the beer is Your Manager Is [Witch]. It’s an American porter and has a picture of the manager on the can. They say they made the beer, quote, “Mostly out of a deep, abiding pettiness.”
3. Amusement parks in California are about to reopen, and they’re going to ask people not to scream on roller coasters to try to keep them from spreading Covid.
4. Did the past year make you think, “You know what would really help heal the world once this is all over? Me starting a band”? The numbers are in, and instruments and other musical equipment had record-breaking sales last year.
5. The “New York Times” ran a study on 900 essays that kids wrote for their college applications this year . . . and more than 40% of them are about the pandemic.
6. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED Covid cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 62,794, with 1,288 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 30.2 million . . . with more than 550,000 deaths . . . and more than 22.4 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 121.8 million . . . with more than 2.6 million deaths . . . and more than 98.2 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.