Here’s a fresh round-up of Covid insanity . . .
1. Have you had physical contact like a hug or a handshake with someone during the pandemic to be polite . . . but you actually didn’t want to do it? 42% of people say yes, they’ve been in that position.
30% of people say they haven’t been in that position . . . 12% say they didn’t do the hug or handshake and explained why . . . and 12% of people say they didn’t care either way because they weren’t worried about physical contact during Covid.
2. Single people are calling this summer, quote, “Slutty Summer” or “The Whoring ’20s” . . . because they’re ready to get out there with everyone who’s been vaccinated and just start getting it on.
One woman who runs an Instagram dating account says, quote, “Everyone’s getting vaccinated, everyone’s horny, everyone’s sick of virtual dating. This summer is about having lots of sex.”
3. 64% of people say they want to look their best when the pandemic finally ends. And the majority of people believe that end is going to be before the end of this year.
But . . . we’ve got some work to do. 46% of people say they’ve, quote, “let themselves go” one way or another during the pandemic.
4. There’s a running joke now on social media where people are picking sides based on the vaccine they got. So get ready to start repping Team Pfizer, Team Moderna, or Team J&J.
5. Here are the updated stats on vaccinations and Covid cases as of last night . . .
Covid vaccinations in the U.S.: 112 million people have received at least one dose or 33.7% of the population. 66.2 million people, or 19.9%, are fully vaccinated.
New daily cases in the U.S.: 80,161, with 1,009 new deaths. That brings the total to 31.7 million cases . . . with more than 573,000 deaths . . . and more than 24.2 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 134.5 million . . . with more than 2.9 million deaths . . . and more than 108.3 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.