We’ve got the results here of a study that found the most popular ice cream flavor in every state . . . and I’m happy to report it’s not just all chocolate or vanilla. Some states really get WEIRD with it. Here’s the breakdown . . .
1. Chocolate, 14 states. Oregon, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, North Dakota, South Dakota, Missouri, Indiana, Alabama, Florida, North Carolina, Maryland, Delaware, and Rhode Island.
2. Vanilla, 11 states. Hawaii, Washington, California, Utah, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, South Carolina, New Jersey, New York, and New Hampshire. And also Washington D.C.
3. Brownie, 8 states. Mississippi, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia, Vermont, Maine, and Massachusetts.
4. Malt, six states. Wyoming, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa, Louisiana, and Tennessee.
5. Strawberry, two states. Alaska and Georgia.
6. Oreo, two states. Arkansas and Illinois.
7. Cookie dough, two states. Wisconsin and Michigan.
8. Salted caramel, one state. Montana.
9. Coffee, one state. Idaho.
10. S’mores, one state. Connecticut.
11. Bourbon, one state. Kentucky.
12. Unicorn, which is vanilla ice cream mixed with food coloring and glitter, one state. Nevada.
The study also found the trendiest flavors in the country are horchata, unicorn, sesame, salted caramel, and whiskey . . . and the flavors losing popularity are hazelnut, bacon, and honey.
(Here’s a map showing the most popular flavor in every state.)