It’s National Cat Day! The Average Cat Owner Spends 1,016 Hours a Year on Them
It’s National Cat Day, and a new survey found the average cat owner spends over 1,000 hours a year on their cats . . . including time they spend feeding, petting, cuddling, and cleaning up after them.
The average is 19 hours and 32 minutes a week . . . or 1,016 hours a year. Here are seven more new stats for National Cat Day . . .
1. 84% of cat owners treat their cats like part of the family.
2. 66% say that in general, they’d rather spend time with their cat than their friends.
3. Over 75% say talking to their cat is like a form of therapy.
4. The top qualities we love about our cats are their loyalty . . . playfulness . . . and how mild mannered they are.
5. 51% of cat owners rescued at least one of their cats. The top places we get rescues from are animal shelters . . . friends . . . and cat-rescue organizations.
6. The top cat-themed items we own are clothes . . . framed photos of our cat . . . cat calendars . . . cat cell phone cases . . . and sheets or blankets with cats on them.
7. 65% of cat owners have travelled with their cat. Moving and driving them to your new home must have counted. Because who VACATIONS with their cat?